Still an issue, any help greatly appreciated. Just thought I would "tickle" it to get it on the new posts....
thanks in advance,
~pau1
I want to run my remastered KNOPPIX distribution on a test partition (HDA3). My default boot partition is HDA2 (800M), that I use to boot my development PC.
After I remaster KNOPPIX, I copy the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem to the KNOPPIX subdirectory on HDA3. Then I reboot with a CD using the "fromhdd=/dev/hda3" switch.
However, the boot process keeps finding the "KNOPPIX CD" on /dev/hda2. If I copy the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem to HDA2, the remastered filesystem works great. However, I would like to be able to do my remastering and keep HDA2 as a pristine (known good) version of my remaster.
Anyone else running into this? It must be something I'm doing wrong, as it happens on two separate development PC's.
Thanks in advance,
~pau1
Still an issue, any help greatly appreciated. Just thought I would "tickle" it to get it on the new posts....
thanks in advance,
~pau1
I would say you already have the solution at hand use hda3 as the pristine and hda2 as the test it seems to want to go with the first instance it finds so unless you can track that down in the scripts and change it which is probably more trouble than it is worth take the path of least resistance.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08