-
Senior Member
registered user
USB flash drive locks/freezes knoppix dead!
Sorry for the 'shock horror!" subject to this post, but I've never had knoppix lock completely on me before, the mouse pointer freezes and ctrl-alt-F1 doesn't work, only pressing the reset button.
The device that does this trick is a PQI smartmedia flashcard reader/writer which I'd read was supported and working. It's based on the Alcor AU9350xxx chip (I popped the lid) which claims to be USB bulk storage compatable. I have no idea where to start, I cannot even look at dmesg or use any of the USB commands.....
I checked it on the same PC/port in W98SE (I was that desperate!) and it seems fine, so it's not a hardware issue.
I've used other USB flash reader/writers without problems.
Any ideas? - even how to get some sort of log message?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jscinoz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 09:40 AM
-
By KnoppIXuser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 01:27 AM
-
By KnoppIXuser in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99