try opening a root shell and typing:
netcardconfig
johnb[/code]
Knoppix sees my network card, i configure it whit ifconfig but it dose not work.
When i "ping" the other users from the network it dose not work, it says nothing.
I have a ECS K7VTA3 whit lan on board.
Thx 4 your time
try opening a root shell and typing:
netcardconfig
johnb[/code]
I forgot to add that I have used the VIA Rhine ll on-board ethernet under knoppix and it work well, been trouble free. Dose it work under another operating system?
johnb
The device is working ok in other Linux editions and in Win98/WinMe/Win2000/WinXP
have you checked the md5sum to make sure your cd is a correct copy of the original image?
johnb
I have not been able to get that board's NIC working. I even remastered and installed the driver from via's site.
I have used the VIA Rhine-ll Ethernet with-out any problems on 9 motherboards(all of them same type) for netbooting (PXE)Clusterknoppix nodes. They also have a Wake-on-Lan feature works well.
When I was looking for a netbootable MotherBoard. The words to look for was "ethernet lan support". Maybe it is more to do with how well the MB manafacture implements the hardware.
I have the same Via Rhine adapter.
I've posted how i got it to work here
modal

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99