fish *works* with KnoppixKDE, at least *sometimes*.
Hi all,
I have also put together a kde3.1 rev. and am having the same trouble as eadz'z 3.1 rev which is a lack of fish functionality in Konqueror. Once installed to the HDD it works but on the cd it wont which sugests to me that fish is attempting to write somewhere other than the ramdisk. Has anybody had a fix in for this yet as fish rocks...
Thanx, Dan
fish *works* with KnoppixKDE, at least *sometimes*.
It *does not work anytime* for me while running it from the cd... On KnoppixKDE or my own mod, both of which used the same binaries. However once its on thr HDD it runs great. I have confirmed this on numerous PCs and was hoping to get more feedback. What did you mean by it worked at least some of the time. Does it work some times but not others?
Thanx in advance, Dan
At least once it DID work for me from the KnoppixKDE CD. Really, no kidding! But I cannot repeat this success, unfortunately.
Thanx again,
I am slowly getting closer to it. I am going to diff the hdd installed lsof output to the that of the CD to determine what needs to be mounted on the ramdisk to remedy my fish issue

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01