Some sites that I regularly visit need M$ Media player. Is there a player that I can use with knoppix or is there a download I can get to use on the sites that require M$ Media Player? Thanks.
BiggJeff74![]()
Some sites that I regularly visit need M$ Media player. Is there a player that I can use with knoppix or is there a download I can get to use on the sites that require M$ Media Player? Thanks.
BiggJeff74![]()
You could alway try wine to install media player, don't no if it will work but for now thats your only option, I haven't heard of a windows media player equiv.
apt-get install mplayer-??? w32codecs mplayer-mozilla replace the ??? with the version you want 386, k7 or 686.Originally Posted by BiggJeff74
BiggJeff74,Originally Posted by BiggJeff74
Stephen is giving you the right info, but you will need the following line in your /etc/apt/sources.list
After you do this, do an apt-get update, and you should be able to grab mplayer and the required codecs. If you want to watch streams that are embeded in the browser, then you will need to also apt-get mozilla-mplayer.Code:deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
For some reason, I'm not able to get all Windows media streams to work when they are embeded into Mozilla. However if you have the w32codecs package, you will be able to watch quicktime streams (which are used in most movie trailers) flawlessly...at least I've never had any problem with them.
Regarding that last post of mine, does anyone have any tips regarding how to get Windows streams working better. I find that initially after I install mozilla-mlayer these streams work fine, but they consistently seem to fail on a number of different machines of mine after a while. I don't know why. Frankly I'd have no use for these things except that my wife likes to preview audio streams on some CD's before she buys. Sometimes there are no RealPlayer options.
You know, sometiems I like being proven wrong ^

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50