Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 network not working

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Knoppix 3.3 network not working

    I'm in the process of testing Knoppix on my IBM R30 laptop before I install it on my primary PC.
    After Knoppix 3.3 had been installed I discovered that the network wasn't working. I tried searching this forum and found many posts with the same problem. I also tried installing Knoppix again to see if that could help but nothing worked.
    My original plan was to install Knoppix 3.4 Cebit but I just can't wait until it's officially released. Are there any Knoppix 3.4 c't users that have similar problem with their network?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    What network card do you have? Internal/PC Card? My ethernet PC Card works fine - detected, configured and working without me having to do a thing :)

    [ I use DHCP on my network ]

    I'm using the November version of Knoppix 3.3 (3.3-2003-11-19).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Network card specs

    The network card is from Intel. I'm not sure what it's specific name is but I don't think that's the issue here. Check for more detailed specs from IBM's excellent website http://www.ibm.com (search for Thinkpad R30).

    I've seen the NIC work before when booting from CD and the IBM R30 is a very common laptop. DHCP broadcasting doesn't work either and my IP is 127.0.0.1
    A post I found interesting was http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8774

    Damn it's annoying the crap out of me!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    It works!

    It works! All I had to do was "sudo mii-tool -r" and then "netcardconfig" in a console
    Does anyone know how to start Lisa at boot?

Similar Threads

  1. network not working
    By samfrog88 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
  2. Network not working
    By simplyskate in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
  3. on board Via network card not working with knoppix
    By casterman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:36 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517 picture

IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517

$1249.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99