Sorry my host got swamped last month so we had to switch the 3.4 beta iso over to BT. The older and less buggy Technomancer release can be gotten via http. But it lacks the newer stuff like the 2.6 kernel and captive NTFS.
If you're stuck on apt-get update/upgrade because of a broken package, then you'll need to run either of these two commands to unstick it:
cd /var/cache/apt/archives <press enter>
dpkg --force-overwrite packagename or
dpkg --purge packagename
The second option will remove the faulty package and you'll be able to apt-get update/upgrade as usual. The first option is Stephen's favorite command, as I've noticed that he uses it a lot. I've only been using the second command for unsticking myself and starting over from another angle, but you should do whatever floats your boat.
HTH,
Durand
Sorry my host got swamped last month so we had to switch the 3.4 beta iso over to BT. The older and less buggy Technomancer release can be gotten via http. But it lacks the newer stuff like the 2.6 kernel and captive NTFS.
OK, btlaunchmany is on what CD? I'm still using 2003.1119 as I didn't see a need for a new ISO as yet for my purposes.
Regards,
AJG
Is Overclockix a new or another version of Nnoppix? Im real new to Linux . all these different version have me confused?![]()
btlaunchmany is in all versions that I have, included version 20031119
Overclockix is a Knoppix remastered. So, it has a lot of things in common with Knoppix, but uses a different theme and may include some specific software.
proto: Overclockix has a lot of cool distributed supercomputing apps. ie: mersenne.org, setiathome.org, ....
Regards,
AJG
mcaycedo: OOPs, you're right, btlaunchmany is on my knoppix-installed as debian 20031119 PCs! I just tried it in shell and its there, I just need a torrent file! Originally, I must not have spelt it right....
Thanx,
AJG
What makes Overclockix different from Knoppix?
Software selection- karamba, mplayer, firebird, ncftp, gFTP, folding@home, seti@home, prime95, cpuburn, nano, john, mldonkey-gui, and others... (some releases have opera and thunderbird as well)
Often removed are- gnumeric, koffice, abiword, qcad, zile, gedit, xemacs, emacs, mozilla, and more...
Whenever something is a bit out of date and a new feature is needed, I update it. For example gaim needed an update a few months ago when msn and yahoo changed protocols. K3b got updated with an 11.x version that had better support for dvd-burning. It's not always the case, but usually at least a few packages in Overclockix are newer than the current knoppix release.
Desktop tweaking- fantasy-art/space background images, extra png icon themes, karamba themes, pre-configured transperancy
Modified default boot options- higher default resolution, and usually home=scan also are set by default.
Extra drivers- Nforce2 chipset and a few others; mostly network cards.
What is Overclockix lacking?
Developers. Right now my releases have become riddled with a few little bugs (mainly broken kmenus) and I haven't had enough time to patch them up. It's a hard task for one person to maintain a Live CD, especially at the pace that Knoppix grows. It is time-consuming and pays nothing (though its not thankless work by any means).

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID
$199.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00