-
Junior Member
registered user
Gateway Solo 9300 mini PCI modem
I'm curious to see if I the built-in modem on my Gateway Solo Pro 9300 will work. It's a "3Com mini PCI type 3B". I did a bit of research on it, and I see that Linux does know about it, so that's encouraging. Its pid.ids file is 10b7:1006, and indeed I'm seeing it in /proc/bus/pci/devices. Its entry is:
0060 10b71006 9 f6018008 f6000008 f6010008
... and then zeros, zeros, zeros.
Obviously if I knew what I was talking about, I'd just give the relevant info!!
So, is this a valid modem under Linux, or only a winmodem?
How do I get the system to see it?
I'm using a Knoppix HD install with a recompiled 2.4.22 kernel. Thanks!!
Similar Threads
-
By mwdowns in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By melo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
-
By orcsoul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
-
By phroot in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
-
By djm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99