-
About to try HD install for first time - SWAP size?
Hi All,
I just got knoppix 3.3 today, I've not played with knoppix much before and I was wondering; I just went and wiped the HD ready for an all knoppix install. I made up the usual 3 partitions as per my fairly standard recipe, however I got a little bit of a question arising out of it all:
Normally it's reckoned that as a broad rule of thumb you'd want 2.5 times your memory as a swap size. however I see comments like 512Mb max. If I got 512Mb mem, then I would guess that indicates +1280M (or so) for swap instead of the more usual +512M.
I can spare it, so should I, or not? What are the arguments for and against this?
Similar Threads
-
By GerryA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By explosion242 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
-
By Jerunk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033
$40.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$61.56

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99