-
Senior Member
registered user
Help with swap partition
Hello....I am wondering about my swap partition. It doesn't seem like its being used. My HD is a 40G. I partitioned it first with a 1G partition, type 'swap'. Then made a 2nd partition, the remainder of space left, type 'linux' set bootable....saved & exited CFDISK....then went about with rest of installation. Everything is mostly running perfect. I ran QPARTED just to take a look at the partitions. I noticed my 1G partition for swap was still NTFS! The drive was formerly a WINXP drive. When I started out i deleted the NTFS partition so I think! But anyway, I used the utility in qparted to turn it into a ext3 or linus stsyem and the little penguin showed up to the left of partition data just like below on the line for my other partiton that i set for linus thats bootable. I ranINFO CENTER and noticed under swap space it said "not available". It shows both partitions as ext3...../dev/hdb1 is: swap size is 949.12MB status is ? theres nothing in the space for 'status' ... used space is 63.50 start is 0.03 MB and end is 949.15MB ..../dev/hdb2 is: ext3....status is active.....size is 36.34GB used space is 3.96GB...start is 949.15MB end is 37.27GB......this seems to not be right somehow......should the 'status' of the swap partition be ACTIVE? I would guess so....how do i fix this so Linux uses the correct swap partition???? Thanks...bob
Similar Threads
-
By hany_bee3000 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By Rico da halvarez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 08:15 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00