Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do I create a Knoppix Server, and network the computers.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    2

    How do I create a Knoppix Server, and network the computers.

    Hello,
    Knoppix-NooB, here, I have Knoppix 3.2 on CD and installed on two computers (I'm also downloading 3.3). I would like to create a Knoppix Server for a Knoppix LAN. I have no idea how to do this.

    Computers specs range from p233mmx 64mb RAM to p3 600 256mb RAM, at the moment they have a veriaty of Operating systems ranging from Debian to Win98/2k/NT. I was thinking of using a Celeron 400 128Mb ram as my server but if you think I should use something with a bit more punch please let me know.

    What I want the server to do. I would like the server to be a file repositary, an e-mail server where the other computers can access and get their e-mails from, and also to be the conduit for the internet, we have a cable router. It would be great if we had a central database of users, and default desktop displays, which could be held on the server??

    Anyway its a bit over my head, like I said I have two comps running installed Knoppix but I can't get them to see each other even though I can see the net!

    You guys (and gurlz) are life savers, many thanks in advance,
    George~Youth 2000

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3

    Some part of the problem might be solved here...


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    2

    The answer??

    Well I managed to find the answer to the problem, somewhat, if anyone is interested....

    I had to return to my good-old debian roots to find this website, but it has the answer, and I have to admit I am very tempted to return to the old system simply because of how good the guide to sorting out the problem is.

    http://www.projektfarm.com/en/support/debian_setup/

    Debian is very good.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
  3. network boot knoppix iso image from a ms windows server
    By adrianmak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 04:27 AM
  4. Knoppix Network boot from a samba server?
    By thenexuscode in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:54 PM
  5. problem with ddcxinfo-knoppix on old computers
    By Joakim Nordberg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95 picture

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95

$119.99



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99