Just as long as they have PXE bootable BIOS then yes you can.
Just start the Knoppix terminal server (in /etc/init.d if your running in text mode) then boot up the computers. Seems to work for most people but my BIOS doesn't support.
I would like to ask a question. I have two more computer at home. I would like to boot them via my server. They dont have a CDRom or Harddisk, but only floppy diskdrives and also network cards. So is it possible these two poor clients to turn into a useful way??? I would like to boot with a diskette, which will just send the information that are needed to server and to get necessary packages from server...
I would be really glad if you could help me...
Just as long as they have PXE bootable BIOS then yes you can.
Just start the Knoppix terminal server (in /etc/init.d if your running in text mode) then boot up the computers. Seems to work for most people but my BIOS doesn't support.
johnb
you can network boot from a floppy( rom-a-matic?) its a website, put in the necessary info and a floppy image for your network card will be downloadable. I havent tried it, because PXE works great. My laptop sony vaio laptop has booted a cluster of 11nodes without hard drives, floppies,cdrom,mouse,keyboard,monitor,ect. Just the ethernet cable going in...
good luck
johnb
I did a larger post here on setting-up diskless nodes:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...461&highlight=
johnb
For reference, the Etherboot site is at http://rom-o-matic.net/.. (no!...)

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00