-
Junior Member
registered user
Found the problem. I had previously intuited that I just didn't know where to put the menu.lst file (and whether or not the name was menu.lst -- "list" or menu.1st -- "first") so I made one menu.lst in the /boot directory and sym links everywhere I could think of to get grub to find it.
The subtle problem is that I used the absolute filename ( menu.lst --> /boot/menu.lst ) for the link targets. Mistake, grub finds the files differently then does linux once its running (I guess). I changed the link targets to relative references ( menu.lst --> ../menu.lst ) and now it works like a charm.
Thanks for the help guys.
--Robert
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By dimpflmoser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 04:22 AM
-
By greygooseplz in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By JooK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 02:02 AM
-
By lucasmatos in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

4 Gb PC3L-12800R-11-13-A1 Memory Module
$79.50

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$1749.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98