I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
Hello all.
KNOPPIX "autocomplete" more than a regular distribution. I mean that KNOPPIX autocomplete apt-get in<TAB> to install and apt-get install <TAB> to all the installed packages. It also autocomplete gcc -ped<TAB> to -pedantic.
How can I use this nice and useful autocomplete in a regular Debian or Fedora System?
Thanks!
Yuval Tanny.
I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
OK! YEA!
I search in google for BASH_COMPLETION_DIR and found this:
http://www.unixwerk.de/linux/slack/bash_completion
I search a fedora package for this. I found that a bash-completion in my apt-get, I installed it and its work!
This package is from here:
rpm http://apt.sw.be redhat/fc1/en/i386 dag
I hope it is also so easy in debian.
Thank you!

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More
$450.00