I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
Hello all.
KNOPPIX "autocomplete" more than a regular distribution. I mean that KNOPPIX autocomplete apt-get in<TAB> to install and apt-get install <TAB> to all the installed packages. It also autocomplete gcc -ped<TAB> to -pedantic.
How can I use this nice and useful autocomplete in a regular Debian or Fedora System?
Thanks!
Yuval Tanny.
I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
OK! YEA!
I search in google for BASH_COMPLETION_DIR and found this:
http://www.unixwerk.de/linux/slack/bash_completion
I search a fedora package for this. I found that a bash-completion in my apt-get, I installed it and its work!
This package is from here:
rpm http://apt.sw.be redhat/fc1/en/i386 dag
I hope it is also so easy in debian.
Thank you!

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASRock B650M PG Lightning WiFi mATX AMD AM5 DDR5 4 DIMM HDMI M.2 - AS IS. READ
$30.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99