Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Many Hard drive installation issues

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7

    Many Hard drive installation issues

    The live CD works perfectly. But, I have issues on knx-hdinstall:
    1. How can I get rid of Red Hat's LILO splash. It's either in the MBR or root HD.
    2. When I install Knoppix to the HD, I receive and error that flashes to quickly for me to copy. It is something about not being able to cp becasue of an unfound folder. Can I retrieve a log file with these quick error messagaes?
    3. Many hardware devices are unfound during HD KDE bootup: sound and again a window pops-up but is too quick for me to read.
    4. Thanks for any and all help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re: Many Hard drive installation issues

    Quote Originally Posted by DrWhom
    The live CD works perfectly. But, I have issues on knx-hdinstall:
    1. How can I get rid of Red Hat's LILO splash. It's either in the MBR or root HD.
    2. When I install Knoppix to the HD, I receive and error that flashes to quickly for me to copy. It is something about not being able to cp becasue of an unfound folder. Can I retrieve a log file with these quick error messagaes?
    3. Many hardware devices are unfound during HD KDE bootup: sound and again a window pops-up but is too quick for me to read.
    4. Thanks for any and all help.
    I'm going to take a stab at it ...
    If Knoppix runs fine from CD, then it should be okay to install. But use "knoppix-installer" instead and follow the installation steps, which include formatting your existing Linux partition/s, choosing swap and /, and installing a fresh copy of Lilo to the master boot record if you want to overwrite the RH install. Follow these steps and everything should turn out fine. Report back if they don't.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7
    Success! I totally wiped the hard drive using MS-DOS debug. This appears to have been the key. Thank all!

    DrWhom

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Programs on Knoppix Hard Drive Installation
    By HLS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 02:43 AM
  2. One last hard drive installation problem.
    By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
  3. Hard drive install - issues
    By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. Kppp issues with CD vs. Hard Drive booting (3.3)
    By C. Alexander in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:38 AM
  5. A list of changes on a hard drive installation
    By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH    LOT OF 10 picture

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10

$70.00