Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Diskonkey Support

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    Diskonkey Support

    Hi, Im having troubles getting my diskonkey usb drive to work. I can get the drive mounted using 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey' and I can see the drive and everything but I can't write to it. Any help would be great!!!

    Thanks,
    SenorLoco

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Diskonkey Support

    --Post results of ' fdisk -l ' and ' mount ' when you have the USB drive mounted. (You are doing the mount cmd as root, right?)

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLoco
    Hi, Im having troubles getting my diskonkey usb drive to work. I can get the drive mounted using 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey' and I can see the drive and everything but I can't write to it. Any help would be great!!!

    Thanks,
    SenorLoco

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Venezia, Italy
    Posts
    3
    The problem is that the DiskOnKey get's mounted read-only. It happens also to my USB Stick
    using Mandrake. I resolved the issue applying a patch that simple mounts the stick r/w, but
    patching the running Koppix kernel is a bit difficult.
    I heard that there is a firmware upgrade for the DiskOnKey out there that solves this problem,
    but I was not able to find it. If you do, let me know.

    Georg

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2
    alright I've been toying around with things alittle (since Im no linux expert) but I've found that I can write to the diskonkey through a root shell...so it can't be a problem with firmware....just something not setup right...any thoughts?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Do a cat /etc/fstab with your diskonkey mounted.

    you should see entries like this (for my floppy):
    device------mount-----type------options---------------------dump--pass
    ...
    /dev/fd0---/floppy-----vfat-----defaults,user,exec,rw------0------0

    ...

    The important part is the options, if you have nouser in the options, unmount your device, edit your /etc/fstab file and change nouser to user, if user isn't in the options put it in, then save your changes and the remount your device.


    Now see if it works.

    The other thing may be permissions on the actual device used by your diskonkey, if your fstab looks OK, then do an ls-al /dev/your-device you should see something like:

    brwxrwxrwx &nbsp 1 &nbsp root &nbsp root &nbsp 11 Feb 13 15:22 &nbsp /dev/your-device

    Ignore the first letter, make sure the permissions are at least: ?rw-rw-rw- so that all users and groups can read or write to that device.

    HTH

    rock

Similar Threads

  1. Better CJK support
    By Powindah in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 04:31 AM
  2. php with gd support
    By langhaarrocker in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 07:45 PM
  3. HFS+ Support on 3.4?
    By dork in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:12 PM
  4. support AMD x86-64 ?
    By Mgz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. HCF/HSF Support
    By VxJasonxV in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00



Samsung Galaxy Chromebook XE930QCA 13.3

Samsung Galaxy Chromebook XE930QCA 13.3" Red

$325.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00