I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
Hello all.
KNOPPIX "autocomplete" more than a regular distribution. I mean that KNOPPIX autocomplete apt-get in<TAB> to install and apt-get install <TAB> to all the installed packages. It also autocomplete gcc -ped<TAB> to -pedantic.
How can I use this nice and useful autocomplete in a regular Debian or Fedora System?
Thanks!
Yuval Tanny.
I see that the environment vars:
BASH_COMPLETION=/etc/bash_completion
BASH_COMPLETION_DIR=/etc/bash_completion.d
are set on Knoppix.
and search for /Programmable Completion/ for the gory details.Code:man bash
OK! YEA!
I search in google for BASH_COMPLETION_DIR and found this:
http://www.unixwerk.de/linux/slack/bash_completion
I search a fedora package for this. I found that a bash-completion in my apt-get, I installed it and its work!
This package is from here:
rpm http://apt.sw.be redhat/fc1/en/i386 dag
I hope it is also so easy in debian.
Thank you!

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
New 4 Port SATA PCI Expansion Card PCI To SATA Adapter Card RAID 5
$15.68
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
$55.00