Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: SCSI emulation...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    SCSI emulation...

    How do I turn off SCSI emulation... I have installed Knoppix to the hdd and need to be able turn DMA mode on, but cannot unless it reads my drives as IDE....

    PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: SCSI emulation...

    --You should still be able to do:
    ' hdparm -c1 -d1 /dev/hdc '

    ...as root, even with SCSI emu turned on. Works for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by davefarber
    How do I turn off SCSI emulation... I have installed Knoppix to the hdd and need to be able turn DMA mode on, but cannot unless it reads my drives as IDE....

    PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanx, It worked!! I LOVVVVVVEEEE YOOOOOOU..., well, I mean, thanx............................................. ..................

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    "You're STILL not getting my Bud Light."

    Quote Originally Posted by davefarber
    Thanx, It worked!! I LOVVVVVVEEEE YOOOOOOU..., well, I mean, thanx............................................. ..................

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Knoppix-3.9 with scsi emulation for USB?
    By d00m3d in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 03:03 AM
  2. Boot line to change ATAPI ZIP drive to ide-scsi emulation?
    By eris23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
  3. NO EMULATION PROBLEM< PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP
    By wirefist in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:35 PM
  4. Emulation
    By Zhila in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 09:14 AM
  5. CD/RW and SCSI Emulation?
    By KOKIDD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99