-
X on 16MB RAM laptop?
I am trying to run X11 on a laptop with 16MB RAM and a 128MB swap file, but whenever I start KNOPPIX, /etc/init.d/xsession says that I need at least 16MB of RAM to run X Windows. When Knoppix starts, it says that there is 13384KB of ram detected, but when the system is starting up the BIOS says that there is 16000KB of ram. I'm guessing that the difference is taken up by SYSLINUX and the various programs etc, so is there a way to transfer the infomation in ram to the swap file, so I can run X?
Similar Threads
-
By matbehns in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
-
By objectconstant in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 01:13 AM
-
By oneeyedelf1 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By SeeKay in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 05:05 AM
-
By drlizau in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89