Hello everyone.
I am very new to Knoppix and I am not sure of exactly what I am doing yet and I have run into something which I don't understand.
I have Knoppix on the hd as the only os and have a knoppix user and also a root user. The part I don't understand is why there are two different desktops when logged as user vs root.
When logged in as user the desktop and the kicker have different icons as compaired to logged in as root.
Also, as has been discussed before the mouse pointer was very small and wouldn't change in the control panel, therefore I used this command to change the pointer "update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme" the mouse pointer changed but it is different as user compaired to root.
Can someone explain this so a dummy as myself can understand.
Thanks
Dooley

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00