-
Er, well it's ok. The drives are not a problem anymore. I already made my system more unstable, by switching from 'testing' to 'stable' to 'unstable' to 'stable' and now make xconfig wont work on the kernel 2.6.4. But hey, last time it compiled I got the latest ALSA sources into it that now support my Aureal AU8830 chip. (There aren't even drivers for WinXP for it!)
The scirpts spit out all sorts of Q... errors. Seems as if I got a wrong version of the QT libs or a wrong version of the kernel or... I don't know.
Did I mention how much I hate this 'dselect' program? I want to install one package and it suggests me to uninstall vsysinit and other stuff freeing 200 MB on my hard disk
. I didn't do it though... because I already uninstalled too much. Sorry to annoy you with all my begginner's faults, but I would be really happy if I I could get xconfig to work again (and all few other programs.)
P.S.: When I type "apt-get install --reinstall *" it tells me that the package 'bin' can not be found. This is no package name if I'm not mistaken. Should I look into some files throw out this entry and try the command again in hope that it will autocorrect all of my problems?
Similar Threads
-
By andromeda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By theoldmanschild in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By laffer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 08:35 PM
-
By jonwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$490.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99