Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Maybe I looked in the wrong place but....

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    33

    Maybe I looked in the wrong place but....

    Is it inteded that the cheatcodes still work after you did a knx-hdinstall?

    Sure would be handy if that was the idea, but I'm not linux savvy enough to figure our if the fewI am familiar with are still working or not for sure yet. (or if I maybe munged something in the install.

    I'm probably just confused (my normal state I guess)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    just read this last night on the forum maybe it will help
    .
    posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:30 pm

    /etc/lilo.conf

    Read the comments in there. There should be a section for passing options to the kernels.

    When done-

    /sbin/lilo -v

    Is how you update lilo I think.

    You'll have to be root to edit the file and run these commands.
    arkaine23
    johnb

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb
    just read this last night on the forum maybe it will help

    johnb
    Ah, I have now re-thought this, and realised I am probably being very very stupid!

    However this is often how it can be when you're only one day old!

    With hindsight it was a dumb question, and worse, badly asked! (but I didn't know that at the time!)

    Thanks for your reply though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    welcome to the world

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb
    welcome to the world
    Tell me about it.

Similar Threads

  1. I saved configuration file in wrong place
    By oddgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 03:59 AM
  2. 2 questions, pen drive and root pass(yes i looked first)
    By Whiskers in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:50 PM
  3. chroot problem. I looked for solution i cant find any.
    By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:12 PM
  5. sndconfig looking in the wrong place?
    By fingers99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99