Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Basic XBox questions - please help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Basic XBox questions - please help

    I am thinking of installing Linux on my XBox, so that I can play the linux version of Unreal Tournament, which I much prefer to Unreal Championship (the XBox port of UT). Since I know nothing of Linux, and intend only to use it to play one game (at least for now), I am considering using Knoppix, as I understand it will take up little if any hard disc space on my XBox.

    This leads me to ask several questions:

    1) Will Knoppix run on the XBox? I presume so, since the XBox is largely a PC, and hard disc resident versions of Linux do work on it, but can someone confirm it of their own experience?

    2) If Knoppix does run on the XBox, will it run on version 1.4 and 1.5 XBoxes? I know some Linux versions fail due to the Focus chip installed in these XBoxes.

    3) Does Knoppix include a virtual keyboard, for those who have no keyboard attached (like the virtual keyboard in WinstonX, the XBox Atari ST emulator)?

    I think that's everything. Thanks for any answers.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr Avon View Post
    I am thinking of installing Linux on my XBox, so that I can play the linux version of Unreal Tournament, which I much prefer to Unreal Championship (the XBox port of UT). Since I know nothing of Linux, and intend only to use it to play one game (at least for now), I am considering using Knoppix, as I understand it will take up little if any hard disc space on my XBox.

    This leads me to ask several questions:

    1) Will Knoppix run on the XBox? I presume so, since the XBox is largely a PC, and hard disc resident versions of Linux do work on it, but can someone confirm it of their own experience?

    2) If Knoppix does run on the XBox, will it run on version 1.4 and 1.5 XBoxes? I know some Linux versions fail due to the Focus chip installed in these XBoxes.

    3) Does Knoppix include a virtual keyboard, for those who have no keyboard attached (like the virtual keyboard in WinstonX, the XBox Atari ST emulator)?

    I think that's everything. Thanks for any answers.
    I understand it will take up little if any hard disc space on my XBox.

Similar Threads

  1. Xbox knoppix
    By eli_watson in forum Ideas
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:29 AM
  2. Knoppix To Xbox?
    By BiggJeff74 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:54 AM
  3. Knoppix on Xbox
    By htimstyler in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. My BT broadband and my XBOX and my laptop
    By jarvismac in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 10:31 PM
  5. New to Knoppix - couple of basic questions
    By tonedef667 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00