-
[quote="Stephen"]

Originally Posted by
colin stewart
Good idea you definitely do not want all the excess of knoppix for a server machine. If you have not already heard of it you may want to look at a distro called
Bonzai (used to be mini-woody last time I used it) it gives you a setup based on stable and if you decline the offer at the end of the install to install KDE then you end up with a base system with Woody that you can add to as you need.
I think I just got really lucky
http://www.epiacenter.com/modules.ph...ticle&artid=38
This article deals with what I want to do, the OS I'd like to do it with, and the exact hardware I want to do it on - I'm not putting my server in a cardboard box though! I'm actually using a metal case!
Having said this I am of course as crazy as any other "Disciple Of Epia" and I am using an old hifi receiver case, which seemed too good to just chuck out when it's innards died, I may even add a radio card and reuse the old remote while I'm at it - since it's so quiet I should be able to use the radio to rather good effect.
I'm up for a new custom VFD too if I can find exactly the right sort of sized one.
Seems the SME server disrto is exactly what I need - I just have to hope I can add a usenet server to that, and that may be tricky, but might just be do-able.
Similar Threads
-
By ramaswamyps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 01:42 AM
-
By hrymur in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:02 AM
-
By pistatio56 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 09:56 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 11:12 AM
-
By newguy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00