-
Senior Member
registered user
itworks now
OK I did get it to work by typing in a section of code :-t unstable" and that helped. But MAX do you know how to go about getting the DEFRAG program? Why isnt that offered as a standard item? bob
-
I am really fairly new to Linux but I have found that using a combination of Synaptic Package Manager & apt-get seems to work well. What one hangs up on the other usually can handle. I couldn't live without "apt-get -f install" though.
As far as I know defrag isn't necessary in Linux: http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/view/7434
Fsck seems to be run at least every 29 or 30 times that you bootup.
Similar Threads
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:29 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By Adeel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By knoppix37672 in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:14 AM
-
By papasi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01