-
Thanks on the Gnome???
Would like to thank both of you above for responding to my questions. Really appreciate it.
I did get 2.4 Gnome to install. It didn't go exactly smooth. Perhaps this was due to my already using apt-get to update in the past. I had run apt-get from the KDE package center.
I kept getting an error mentioning some lib that was missimg or that I had some unstable files. Tried apt-get install Gnome update several time with the same results.
So I said what the heck, I ran Apt-get Upgrade and about 289 meg of items were d/l and I assume upgraded?
Then I went to a shell and ran apt-get install gnome and this time it d/l all gnome files and installed them.
Logged off of KDE and there Gnome was in my boot list--))))
Runs just fine, now looking forward to Gnome 2.6!--)))
I know have the best of both worlds, KDE and Gnome. I like to play and learn so know off to do more learning--))))
I wrote a lot of the above in the hopes it may help some else and thanks again to BOTH of you above!
Brian in Erie, PA
Similar Threads
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:29 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By Adeel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By knoppix37672 in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:14 AM
-
By papasi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01