Hello all....I find at certain websites, that i need a "plug-in" to make certain aspects of web pages work with multi media. One such plug-in is "media player for LINUX" I downloaded it to my home directory. Now I am having trouble figuring out how to install it! I guess now that I have got my Knoppix installation on the HDD running well, my next project is to learn how to install programs! I need step by step instructions cause i still am having trouble figuring out the directory structure of LINUX. Like I said I downloaded the linux media player file. It is in a folder I made called "temp" in my home directory. when i click on the icon, it turns into a FOLDER! when i click on that, more files appear. There is a note saying that it is a command line install and wont work with a gui.OK so i tried for quite a while to do this at the console as root and i kept getting "file or directory not found" even tho when i do an "LS" it does show the directories in there!!! OK so when i click on the desktop icon of the little house [home] there are about 5 folders in there, one I made called "temp" has the linux media player file which has a .gz extension so i guess i have to unzip it somehow. I understand this from using DOS and pkunzip....but i need to find the actual installation file which i can't. So i guess if I can navigate to where this program is using the console, i can type in a command to extract & install....Please help!!!!! b ob

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$160.00
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
M378A4G43BB2-CWE SAMSUNG 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX8 PC4-3200AA UDIMM MEMORY
$224.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
PNY XLR8 DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DIMM Desktop RAM Kit Black/Red
$87.00
Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered
$239.00