Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Write permission

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Write permission

    I have Fedora on my computer but it freezes during bootup at the Initalizing Firewire Controller. I read online I should get Knoppix and then using it edit my grub.conf file. I followed instructions to allow write permissions but when I click on grub.conf it still says that I dont' have permission. I'm a linux noob so do I have to use a console command to edit it? Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    usualy all devices are mounted readonly, just type
    Code:
    mount
    , and you will see wich devices are mounted, an how they are.
    You can use
    Code:
    remount rw /dev/hda1
    to mount /dev/hda1 in read-write mode. for more information see "man mount"

    Roland

Similar Threads

  1. Mounting HD with Write permission using LIVE CD
    By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
  2. Need Write Permission?
    By dark_mage in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:49 PM
  3. Mounting/Write-Permission problem.
    By Slay3r in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
  4. mount nfs share with write permission
    By notyper in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 03:04 AM
  5. webserver permission
    By wildcat in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01