Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 'key-fob' USB RAM-sticks

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1

    'key-fob' USB RAM-sticks

    My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27
    I don't think any motherboards support USB key booting (yet)
    But I could be wrong........

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 'key-fob' USB RAM-sticks

    Quote Originally Posted by carrt
    My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?
    Knoppix will not fit on that the size is too small you may want to search for flonix a remaster based on knoppix that can boot from a usb stick.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27
    Technically there is a 1GB SD-card in existance these days.
    It is horribly expensive at the moment (I could buy a used PC at the price), but in a USB reader it could be used to hold Knoppix in future.

Similar Threads

  1. Life Expectancy of Flash Memory Sticks
    By Bothersome in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 02:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99