internal. hard one, but external i know a few. (all i have tried)
Are there any modems that work "stock" with Knoppix? I'm looking for an internal PCI for which I don't have to get drivers, etc.
internal. hard one, but external i know a few. (all i have tried)
Thanks. I might consider an external. Care to name a few?Originally Posted by OErjan
i currently have a true noname i got from a "everything in bin 20 swedish krowns" ~2 euro.
I have used and helped others use ~10 different external modems, not one was any trouble. atleast not the V90 kind, I sadly have no isdn or *dsl experience.
have got two internal modems working but they where oooollld, before the winmodem era, v34 or something.
sorry, wish i could help more.
why not ask if you may test the modem before buying, I was able to test my w-lan card on my laptop before buying (in the store).

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Dell Precision 3650 Tower Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard NDYHG
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99