-
Junior Member
registered user
Startup Scripts
I had gotten my realtek8180 wlan card to work, and have happily ./wlanup'ed everytime I turned on my computer, but now I just want it to be executed when the computer starts up. I looked around and saw something about putting it in the rc.d (something) directory, tried it, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Startup Scripts

Originally Posted by
coindood
I had gotten my realtek8180 wlan card to work, and have happily ./wlanup'ed everytime I turned on my computer, but now I just want it to be executed when the computer starts up. I looked around and saw something about putting it in the rc.d (something) directory, tried it, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
Edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put lines similar to these near the bottom of the file.
Code:
## Added by me for wlan card
if [ -r /path/to/script ]; then
. /path/to/script
fi
Note: In the third line there is a space between the . and the start of the /path/to/script.
Similar Threads
-
By Ralph Blach in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 09:00 PM
-
By resistance in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:33 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 10:09 PM
-
By khalid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 208GB (13x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz
$909.99

SK Hynix HMA82GR7CJR4N 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 2666MHz HMA82GR7CJR4N-VK
$69.99

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00