-
Knoppix wont find cd-rom
I am yet another newbie to linux and I wanted to put knoppix on an old pc just for shits and so I adjusted my boot sequence in my bios as follows: CD-ROM, Floppy, HD1. I did make a floppy disk just incase it wouldn't boot from the CD. I put the floppy in and booted up. When it is booting up, its seems as if it is totally overlooking the cd-rom (though it is trying to access it) and goes right to the floppy. All is fine until I hit enter at the boot: prompt. It seems to load ok until it tries to find the cd. At that point it cannot find it and it takes me to a really shitty shell prompt. I know for a fact that the CD-ROM works because I had windows 98SE on it up until this point. I aslo know that the cd was burnt correctly because i tried it on a different computer and i didn't have a single problem. I even tried replacing the CD-ROM. No luck. Can someone please help me, I am seriously about to go off the deep end.
Similar Threads
-
By fej64 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
-
By Bklynjava in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
-
By XRAIDED in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
-
By simmo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By earsh0t in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99