-
Senior Member
registered user
adduser problem
OK, I set up a fileserver/printserver in my school LAN for my students to save/print their work. The typically login via ssh or an X client.
My problem is that when I intalled KNOPPIX as DEBIAN (20031119) on the hdd I added users with adduser. However, every one can see everyone else's home dirs and read the contents of their files. Is there a way to prevent this when I create a user? I mean all files created by my students are rw-r--r-- (ie: chmod 644) and their executables are rwxr-xr-x (ie: chmod 755). Can I make everyone their own group so they can read only their own files or have the files saved rw------- or rwx------?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By derjens in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By WillsterV in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1499.00

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit -...
$159.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc. picture](/store/img/g/qNwAAeSwPEtqobcJ/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-8GB-DDR3-LAPTOP-RAM-SAMSUNG-HYNIX-.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc.
$89.99

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3600MHz CMW16GX4M2D3600C18
$99.70

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99