-
legally redistibuting Java on Knoppix?
hi.
I have noticed that knoppix (at least v3.3) comes with Java (/usr/lib/j2se).
is it legal?
doesn't java's license forbid redistributing it?
or am I missing something?
either way, how can I remove it safely from my remaster (it dosn't seem to have been installed by a .deb packages...)
thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: legally redistibuting Java on Knoppix?

Originally Posted by
SillyFly
hi.
I have noticed that knoppix (at least v3.3) comes with Java (/usr/lib/j2se).
is it legal?
doesn't java's license forbid redistributing it?
or am I missing something?
either way, how can I remove it safely from my remaster (it dosn't seem to have been installed by a .deb packages...)
thanks.
Hi,
afaik Java's license is not free, but does allow to be binary redistributed non-commercially and commercially.
Else Klaus wouldn't have it on the ISO. (Yes, he cares about licenses.)
I think its just this folder:
/usr/lib/j2se
which must be removed.
You _can_ remove the symlink to plugin files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ though.
cu
Fabian
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:01 AM
-
By balakrishnan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By kendrew in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:53 PM
-
By danieltaranta in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 03:44 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Grandstream DP720 DECT Cordless HD VoIP Telephone Handset + DP750 Base Bundle
$249.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99