Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: adsl

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    37

    adsl

    I have managed to install Knoppix to my harddrive; thanks to all the contributors on Linuxtag and this forum. Without your help I would have remained lost. I ooze "greenness"
    However:
    When I click on K(start), internet, adsl; an window flashes on the screen so fast that I have no idea what it says.
    This also happens if I click on Knoppix-adsl
    (In Konqueror I am unable to reach any site)
    I am uncertain as to which forum (this or Linuxtag) I, as an utter newbie,should address with questions that reek of "greenness".
    Given that the Linuxtag forum seems to be concerned with (for me) complex matters I decided to ask here first.
    My apologies if I have offended anyone.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA., the Confederacy
    Posts
    3

    Re: adsl

    Change to superuser (root)

    $ su

    Then edit /etc/sudoers and uncomment (delete the '#' in front of) the line for the knoppix.

    #kedit /etc/sudoers

    Now you can run links that require root permissions in the menu - like adsl config.

    This leaves you with a security hole, though. If you just want to setup dsl, I think you just need to become superuser and type pppoeconf.

    $su
    # pppoeconf

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with ADSL
    By katolo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
  2. USB ADSL
    By rasterrex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
  3. Help with aDSL
    By LinuxNewbie03 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 10:56 PM
  4. Need help with ADSL
    By katolo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 12:36 AM
  5. LAN/ADSL
    By ArtE in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black picture

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black

$165.00



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00