Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: adsl

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    37

    adsl

    I have managed to install Knoppix to my harddrive; thanks to all the contributors on Linuxtag and this forum. Without your help I would have remained lost. I ooze "greenness"
    However:
    When I click on K(start), internet, adsl; an window flashes on the screen so fast that I have no idea what it says.
    This also happens if I click on Knoppix-adsl
    (In Konqueror I am unable to reach any site)
    I am uncertain as to which forum (this or Linuxtag) I, as an utter newbie,should address with questions that reek of "greenness".
    Given that the Linuxtag forum seems to be concerned with (for me) complex matters I decided to ask here first.
    My apologies if I have offended anyone.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA., the Confederacy
    Posts
    3

    Re: adsl

    Change to superuser (root)

    $ su

    Then edit /etc/sudoers and uncomment (delete the '#' in front of) the line for the knoppix.

    #kedit /etc/sudoers

    Now you can run links that require root permissions in the menu - like adsl config.

    This leaves you with a security hole, though. If you just want to setup dsl, I think you just need to become superuser and type pppoeconf.

    $su
    # pppoeconf

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with ADSL
    By katolo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
  2. USB ADSL
    By rasterrex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
  3. Help with aDSL
    By LinuxNewbie03 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 10:56 PM
  4. Need help with ADSL
    By katolo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 12:36 AM
  5. LAN/ADSL
    By ArtE in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different

$29.99



Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested picture

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested

$139.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00