Try setting the bios to "non plug and play OS".
Can you give us any details about your home computer?
Hi all,
Knoppix works wonders on my work laptop, a new Toshiba A10, on which I've now done a hdinstall. I want to do the same at home, especially since I regularly dist-upgrade my work laptop through a high bandwidth connection and keep all the .deb files. Unfortunately for me, my home computer won't boot into knoppix. It hangs at this point:
Scanning for hard disk partitions and creating/etc/fstab...
The hard drive light flashes a few times, then stays on constantly. There is nothing fishy in the partitioning, as it has all been done with cfdisk as supplied with Slackware 9.1
I have tried every possible combination of failsafe, expert, 2, noprobe, etc. but to no avail. Always the same problem. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? I'm fairly desperate to get this working...
Thanks alot,
Paul
Try setting the bios to "non plug and play OS".
Can you give us any details about your home computer?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99