-
Senior Member
registered user
Utility to move/copy a HD install
Hi all, keep in mind Linux noob, please. I have a nice, stable happy HD install of Knoppix 3.3 2-16-04 that is located on a separate old hard drive that is slave to my w98 installation on my main machine. Lilo is boot loader - with linux as default.
I have purchased a new hard drive that I would like to christen with Linux Have been waiting for 3.4 with new KDE but I think that is a little ways off and would like to keep using this 3.3 install.
In linux, what utilties are available to me to copy this install over to the new disk? Currently I use either the mfr's hard disk copy utilities or my NTI disk image on CDs to copy over to new drives but I don't think that will work for a Linux drive (two partitions, one formatted as swap the ext3). Need tips as well for reconfiguring Lilo (which resides on the boot partition, my windows disk)
It doesn't take that long to do a fresh install from Knoppix CD and I have all data backed up but it would be nice if there was a copy disk utility to keep this humming along as I am so pleased with it to date. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Loafy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By nosirrah in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 04:10 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 01:40 AM
-
By pat in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

*Lot of 50* SK Hynix HMA81GS6JJR8N-VK 1Rx8 PC4-2666V Laptop Memory
$1911.11

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT
$140.00

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 4000MHz
$170.00

Micron 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$240.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Samsung 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K43BB1-CTD7Q
$169.95

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95