Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Floppy automount problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Floppy automount problems

    Hello,

    I have run into a bit of a problem with the automount for a floppy drive.

    I have performed a hard disk install of Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso) but now the floppy will not automount. I can hear the drive spin up, but at the end I get an error that /mnt/floppy cannot be found. Needless to say that when ran from the CD everything worked flawlessly with the same floppy. I checked and compared permissions/ownerships, etc. and all seems to be the same. Has anyone encountered this? A websearch did not result in any useful clues. Particularly since Knoppix uses a custom automount.sh script. I could really use some suggestions/pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Piotr

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Do you get that error while you're mounting or when you try to access the /mnt/floppy directory? If it's when you try to access it, perhaps the floppy is mounting to /floppy and not /mnt/floppy. If it's at the end of the mount command you should post your /etc/fstab file and someone can probably help you fix it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Floppy automount problems

    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrS
    Hello,

    I have run into a bit of a problem with the automount for a floppy drive.

    I have performed a hard disk install of Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso) but now the floppy will not automount. I can hear the drive spin up, but at the end I get an error that /mnt/floppy cannot be found. Needless to say that when ran from the CD everything worked flawlessly with the same floppy. I checked and compared permissions/ownerships, etc. and all seems to be the same. Has anyone encountered this? A websearch did not result in any useful clues. Particularly since Knoppix uses a custom automount.sh script. I could really use some suggestions/pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Piotr
    Right click on the icon for the floppy select delete then right click on the desktop choose create new then floppy device in the device tab in the dialog that appears choose the /dev/fd0 from the menu then save the new shortcut.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with my floppy
    By kevmo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
  2. Getting floppy automount to work
    By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:39 AM
  3. Getting floppy automount to work
    By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
  4. Floppy problems :(
    By fez in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 07:10 PM
  5. automount problems
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5

Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y

$55.95