...and after a HDD install, sounds (in KDE at least) are gone. So I'm interested as well!
How do you turn the event sounds on and off? When knoppix boots on my laptop, there is a short musical thing that plays but i have no event sounds, like when you open and close windows, on my desktop, there are all these crazy sounds.....just curious.....bob
...and after a HDD install, sounds (in KDE at least) are gone. So I'm interested as well!
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm![]()
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm![]()

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08