...and after a HDD install, sounds (in KDE at least) are gone. So I'm interested as well!
How do you turn the event sounds on and off? When knoppix boots on my laptop, there is a short musical thing that plays but i have no event sounds, like when you open and close windows, on my desktop, there are all these crazy sounds.....just curious.....bob
...and after a HDD install, sounds (in KDE at least) are gone. So I'm interested as well!
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm![]()
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm![]()

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
2 x Vintage IBM Mainframe Computer Card - Circuit Board
$49.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$97.95
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95