Hi,

I'm on the 2.6 Kernel running Knoppix 3.3 via debian installer using "knoppix-installer".

I love knoppix as it makes a great debian installer for those of us who don't know everything about linux .

I just did my second apt-get update/upgrade since installing it about a month ago and after each upgrade i notice a lot of programs starting up, espicaly net services, that i dont want so i just apt-get remove <item> =) however, KMIX starts up each boot with a panel of sliders (volume control) and i just don't want to see that upon each bootup.

And of course, small things bother me. For example, each time i play something using KMIX the sound bar is at half. So i slide it to full. open/close it and then try to play something else. The bar is at full...

I restart and it's back to half. I was thinking that i need to create a persistant directory...however, if i do, must i run that config script each time i change someting? and what about sysconfig??

However, i would assume that because it's a HDD install that i wouldn't have to do that.

Thanks for any help.