After trying out Knoppix I am now no longer to boot ms-dos floppy disks or any other bootable cd or floppies.

I can still boot my win xp installation on the hdd but cannot boot the win xp CD? After booting windows from the hdd I can use the floppy and cd-rom with no problems. Its just a problem booting from the floppy or cd with anything other than the knoppix cd.

The only cd or floppy that I can boot now is the Knoppix CD.

All others simpy stop responding and leave the system sitting with a black screen and flashing '_'

could it be that simply running knoppix from the CD just once has somehow updated the MBR or something on my hdd?

note: if i disable my hdd in the bios then i can boot from any floppy or cd as normal.

appreciate anyones suggestions on how to fix this boot problem.

I have a qbic 3402 mini PC with a seagate 120gig ata hard drive.

Thanks,
-cf