-
USB harddisk
I'm having trouble connecting a USB harddisk. When I plug in the device it's listed as:
hub.c: new USB device 00:14.0-2 assigned address 6
I don't know what to do with the message. The last number increments every time I plug in the device. Is there somewhere in KDE that I can see the devices and why is it only in consoles that I can see any activity?
-
Senior Member
registered user
In general, the address stuff doesn't matter. What you need to look for is if usb-storage is loaded(automatically) and a device assigned like sda/sdb. Find that in your syslog or 'dmesg' command. If a device cannot be assigned, there is no way to access the HD(but that is seldom the case for HD, more for CF). If a device is assigned, you can do a 'mount /dev/sda1 /yourmountpoint'. I have no idea if KDE will do that automatically.
Similar Threads
-
By Tenfjord in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 10:22 PM
-
By tpw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 03:51 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:08 AM
-
By theomega in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By Balaam in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00