-
Booting Knoppix KDE 3.1 CD
'k... so I download it (400+ megs -- isn't it supposed to be larger?) and burn it with Nero. Reboot ... into WinXP. Dang.
Cold boot.
Into WinXP. Um ... okay, it isn't booting. Apparently the bug list mentions that it has a problem with that. Okay... read the FAQ. It mentions that I should be able to create a bootable floppy using a program in the Knoppix dir -- which is there. The BOOT.IMG file it's supposed to write, however, isn't.
Any ideas how to boot this thing? Did I download a bad ISO?
-
Senior Member
registered user
A knoppix iso is about 700MB.
rock
-
Knoppix KDE 3.1
I did the same thing wrong initially. The file downloaded (approx 450 Mb if I remember correctly) has to be burned AS A CD IMAGE to work. There is an option in Nero to 'burn CD as CD image' as well as in Roxio EZ CD creator. Once done, there will be several folders on the resulting CD-R. Your computer will then boot from the CD if BIOS is set to boot from CD. I made 3 coasters before I used the correct burn option. Good luck.
-
I know how to burn an ISO image -- it burned fine. The problem is that it won't boot, and the floppy image the FAQ says you can create in the event of a boot failure isn't there -- the program to create the floppy image is, just not the image itself.
As for the size -- the 400+ meg file I downloaded was from here, the KDE 3.1 beta. Is there another one I should be downloading?
-
Yeah... download the original knoppix and see if it works first. It only uses KDE 3.0, but it still works very well. It is roughly 700 MB.
The current version can be found with this file name:
KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-01-EN.iso
Make sure to download the MD5 sum as well and run an MD5 sum checker against it to verify that it downloaded without corruption. The checker should give the same value when run against the iso image as is contained in the MD5 sum file.
Good luck.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:31 PM
-
By gtg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 01:33 PM
-
By MavetLaAravim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By fenix in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 07:42 PM
-
By Millennium in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99

LINKSYS SPA3102 VOICE GATEWAY VOIP ADAPTER WITH BUILT-IN ROUTER W ADAPTER CABLE
$32.20

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99