A knoppix iso is about 700MB.
rock
'k... so I download it (400+ megs -- isn't it supposed to be larger?) and burn it with Nero. Reboot ... into WinXP. Dang.
Cold boot.
Into WinXP. Um ... okay, it isn't booting. Apparently the bug list mentions that it has a problem with that. Okay... read the FAQ. It mentions that I should be able to create a bootable floppy using a program in the Knoppix dir -- which is there. The BOOT.IMG file it's supposed to write, however, isn't.
Any ideas how to boot this thing? Did I download a bad ISO?
A knoppix iso is about 700MB.
rock
I did the same thing wrong initially. The file downloaded (approx 450 Mb if I remember correctly) has to be burned AS A CD IMAGE to work. There is an option in Nero to 'burn CD as CD image' as well as in Roxio EZ CD creator. Once done, there will be several folders on the resulting CD-R. Your computer will then boot from the CD if BIOS is set to boot from CD. I made 3 coasters before I used the correct burn option. Good luck.
I know how to burn an ISO image -- it burned fine. The problem is that it won't boot, and the floppy image the FAQ says you can create in the event of a boot failure isn't there -- the program to create the floppy image is, just not the image itself.
As for the size -- the 400+ meg file I downloaded was from here, the KDE 3.1 beta. Is there another one I should be downloading?
Yeah... download the original knoppix and see if it works first. It only uses KDE 3.0, but it still works very well. It is roughly 700 MB.
The current version can be found with this file name:
KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-01-EN.iso
Make sure to download the MD5 sum as well and run an MD5 sum checker against it to verify that it downloaded without corruption. The checker should give the same value when run against the iso image as is contained in the MD5 sum file.
Good luck.

Commodore 1750 Ram expansion for parts cardboard 5 slot expansion interface Lot
$199.95
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
COMMODORE 1581 3-1/2" FLOPPY DRIVE WITH JIFFYDOS. TESTED AND WORKING
$325.00
Commodore 1571 disk drive and M1 Mouse
$175.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore USA 64x Mini-ITX Barebones w/ Slot Load Blu-ray, Memory Card Reader ++
$449.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 1541 Emulator Complete incl PI Zero & 2GB SD CARD, OLED, USA Seller
$59.99