-
I have a similar problem, but found the following workaround. (dual-booting Windows 98 and Knoppix 3.3. Sorry, folks, but we have only one computer, and my daughter, who is resistant to change, won't use Linux!)
When the computer is turned on, it loads BIOS, etc, and stops on the following prompt:
GRUB>
To boot Windows 98 (found this somewhere on the net) I type:
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
then I press "enter," then I type:
makeactive
and again press "enter," then type:
chainloader +1
and again press "enter," then type:
boot
Then Windows 98 boots up.
To boot into Knoppix, I simply put in the floppy rescue disk that was created during the hard drive installation process, and it automatically boots the Knoppix on my hard drive.
I'm sure there's a way to make all this happen without all the typing, but I haven't got there yet!
Similar Threads
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:32 PM
-
By stuart_b in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:38 AM
-
By cykick in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By mike22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 08:22 AM
-
By djmihow in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00