-
Need help getting NICs to work in DELL 8600 Laptop
1st off, I'm a newbie to linux. Knoppix loads great on my dell 8600 Laptop from cd drive. But it doesn't recognize my integrated broadcom 440x 10/100 controller or my intel pro/wireless LAN 2100 3a mini pci wireless nic. I tried to see if I could find drivers, but am getting confused. With knoppix on cd, do I put the drivers on my hdd and load after boot if they are available?, or do I mod the iso and burn a new CD? just trying to learn something new....
Thanks in advance, Kevin L.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm I thought support had been added for this card- maybe not. If not perhaps this old post will help.
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
-
By knoppixuser001 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 04:31 PM
-
By RMSe17 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:42 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00