-
Need help getting NICs to work in DELL 8600 Laptop
1st off, I'm a newbie to linux. Knoppix loads great on my dell 8600 Laptop from cd drive. But it doesn't recognize my integrated broadcom 440x 10/100 controller or my intel pro/wireless LAN 2100 3a mini pci wireless nic. I tried to see if I could find drivers, but am getting confused. With knoppix on cd, do I put the drivers on my hdd and load after boot if they are available?, or do I mod the iso and burn a new CD? just trying to learn something new....
Thanks in advance, Kevin L.
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
-
By knoppixuser001 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 04:31 PM
-
By RMSe17 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:42 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99